About LEGO The Insect Collection 21342
Display spectacular insects from around the world in your home with the LEGO Ideas The Insect Collection (21342). A charming gift idea for insect-lovers, this set features detailed, life-size, buildable models of a blue morpho butterfly, a Hercules beetle and a Chinese mantis in their natural habitats.
Posable display models
The blue morpho butterfly has adjustable wings featuring LEGO elements in different shades of blue and is displayed with a buildable flower and a honeybee. The Hercules beetle has attachable wings and the characteristic horns of the male of the species, while the fully posable female Chinese mantis (a species of praying mantis) comes with a 7-spotted ladybug. Separate building instructions are included for each model, so you can build solo or with others.
Welcome to your zone. LEGO Sets for Adults is a carefully curated collection of premium-quality models. Whatever your passion, there is a hands-on building project waiting for you.
- LEGO Ideas The Insect Collection (21342) – Take time out to indulge your passion for nature with these 3 life-size, posable, display models of insects in their natural habitats
- Blue morpho butterfly (Morpho peleides) – Capture the shades of blue in this butterfly’s wings and its white dots. The model also includes a buildable honeybee and flower
- Hercules beetle (Dynastes hercules) – Build the longest beetle in the world, featuring attachable wings and the characteristic horns of the male of this species
- Chinese mantis (Tenodera sinensis) – This is a detailed, posable model of a female Chinese mantis (a species of praying mantis). Its buildable habitat also features a 7-spotted ladybug
- Gift idea for insect enthusiasts – Treat yourself or give this collectible 1,111-piece LEGO Ideas set to another lover of insects and nature
- Designed for display – The buildable Chinese mantis model measures over 7 in. (18 cm) high, 6.5 in. (17 cm) wide and 6 in. (16 cm) deep
- Build solo or with others – Includes separate building instructions for each model, plus a booklet featuring facts about the insects and more. Also find digital instructions on the LEGO Builder app
- The LEGO fans’ choice – This collectible display model for adults is one in a diverse array of LEGO Ideas sets, each created by a fan designer, voted for by LEGO fans and produced by the LEGO Group
- Quality assurance – LEGO bricks satisfy demanding industry quality standards to ensure that they connect consistently and securely
- Safety first – LEGO components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and thoroughly analyzed to make sure that they comply with strict global safety standards